I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Catey at OliveJuice. A million thank yous to her! Go check out her website and send her some love here.
Edit: I was also nominated by Gemma over at Help Me, I’m Adulting! Show her some love Right here!
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers by bloggers. It recognizes them for their creativity, talent, and positivity. It is also a great way, in my opinion, to give a ray of sunshine to those you nominate for the award.
I am so honored to be able to share this with you all. I hope I can continue to put out content that is worthy of this nomination.
Sunshine Blogger Award Rules
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blogging site.
- List the Sunshine Blogger Award rules and display the logo on your site
- Answer the Sunshine Blogger Award questions.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about their nominations by commenting on one of their blog posts.
Why did you start blogging?
I’ve always loved to write. For the longest time I felt like it was the only thing I was good at. After I had my daughter, I couldn’t both work and take care of her. So, I stopped working to focus on her. Being stuck at home all day I started to get bored. I thought I would take up blogging to not only pass the time, but try and help others who may be in similar situations as I was. When I was pregnant I devoured any article I could on parenting.
If you could live in any period in history, when would it be and why?
Honestly, I’m pretty happy during this time period. I prefer learning and discovering all the wonderful things people in the past did. I don’t think I’d add any value to previous accomplishments. I have a shot at doing something wonderful and meaningful in this time period though.
What are three words that best describe you?
Short, stubborn, and caring.
I think these three words actually sums up my personality pretty well. I stick with things for as long as I’m able. I’m physically short, but also slightly short tempered. I also truly care about people. I want people to be happy and will do what I can to help others.
What’s a movie that you could practically quote, from start to finish?
Rent! I stumbled on the movie way back when and I watched it on repeat. I loved it so much that I bugged and bugged my mom to see it on Broadway as well. When they did the “live” production on Fox, I sang every word. My husband had the nerve to make a comment, “Oh, but when I do it during movies you yell at me”. Haha.
What are you currently reading?
I’m currently reading A Game of Thrones by George R.R Martin. That is the first book in the series. I got into it because of the TV series and since the series is almost done I figured I may as well read all the books to continue my Game of Thrones obsession.
Where did you work for your first job?
I got my first job at Denny’s! It was the biggest gift I ever could have asked for. I was 20, no job history whatsoever, and the manager took a chance on me. She is the greatest and I miss her (not necessarily the job) to this day.
What is one thing you learned in childhood that totally changed your life?
Don’t stress yourself over people who never make an effort.
Although I’m not sure if this would be necessarily considered childhood? I figured this out more so in highschool.
If sleep wasn’t necessary, what would you do with the extra time?
I’d alternate between reading, writing, and catching up on all the movies I say I’m going to watch. I’d probably spend an hour just staring at my baby sleep too. I love that girl, but she really makes it hard to do all the reading and writing I’d like to do during the day.
What’s the farthest from home you’ve ever been?
When I was younger (maybe 5ish) me and my mom visited my dad in Italy. He was stationed there, so we hadn’t seen him in a while. I very vaguely remember going to the beach with people who were baby sitting me and meeting a cute kid who I adored. We didn’t speak the same language, but I had the hugest crush on him. I also remember trying to explain salt by describing the girl with the umbrella on the label.
What is your favorite jellybean flavor?
I don’t really eat jellybeans that often. If lemon is a flavor, then I’d say that would probably be my favorite flavor.
What are you most grateful for today?
My husband. He may not always agree with me, but he supports me a million percent. Aside from my daughter, he’s my favorite person.
Questions for My Nominees
- Why did you start your blog?
- What is your favorite time of day and why?
- What is your favorite quality about yourself?
- Who is your go to person when you need help?
- If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? Why?
- What do you do to relax?
- You have a billion dollars, what do you do with it?
- You can have one super power, what is it and why?
- Which do you think you have a better chance of beating: 10 human size geese or 20 goose size UFC fighters?
- Aliens visit Earth, you are tasked with choosing two people to represent us. Who do you pick and why?
- Tomorrow you wake up with the ability to learn and master any skill, what is it and why?
My Nominees (in no particular order)
- John https://livingwithmentalhealth436315807.com/
- Natasha https://thoughtswithn.com
- Nyxie https://www.nyxiesnook.com/
- Britt http://alternativelyspeaking.ca/
- Jenni https://housewifehustle.blog/
- Michelle https://simplymich.com/
- J. https://sambelstories.com/
- Spence https://themindberg.com/
- Megan & Crystal (and Company) https://gingermomandcompany.com/
- Jenna https://momofthemoment.com/
- Dayma https://womenundefined.com/
How about you head on over and check out all the nominees and my nominator? They’re all really great and have so much interesting content!
(Did you know I was also nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award? Head on over there to check out some different nominees and hear some advice on blogging from me!)